Advanced Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Playoff Prediction Competition...Thing:

4 posters

Go down

NFL Playoff Prediction Competition...Thing: Empty NFL Playoff Prediction Competition...Thing:

Post by AR Projekt Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:21 pm

So, I've had an interesting idea for a little fun competition outside of Forza 5 that we can do right within our own forums.  As we all probably know, the NFL playoffs started last week and the Divisional Round starts tomorrow afternoon.  And in spirit of my favorite sport, I'd devised a way for us to compete.

There are four Divisional games this week, followed by the two Conference title games, and finally the Super Bowl!   Twisted Evil  Here's my idea...

Because there are four games this week, each of us should try and predict the winners for each game and for each game you guess right you earn a point.  So, for this week there are four points you could potentially pick up going towards the running total.  The following week, there are two games and for fun let's bump those games up to two points per game (i.e. running total is at eight points overall now.)  And finally, the Super Bowl will be worth another 4 points for a final running total of 12 points overall.  The scores are not important until the Super Bowl where the score will be the deciding tie-breaker if that happens in some way.  So only guessing the games correctly is necessary for the first two rounds.

I have not exactly figured out a prize yet, but I am thinking that the winner gets to choose the next community event after the Super Bowl.   Smile   Whether it is a simple class-based time attack or something more creative, it's entirely up to the winner (it has to be feasible though...we all have different schedules.  haha.)  Or we could do something else entirely.  If you have a suggestion, please post it in the thread and we'll see if we can make it happen.

So, my predictions!

New Orleans at Seattle:  Seattle Seahawks beat the Saints again at home.  The Seahawks "12th man" is insane and their team is too well-rounded for the Saints to beat them.

Indianapolis at New England:  Tom Brady and the Patriots beat the Colts in a close game.  The Patriots are my team so I can't pull against them...ever.  haha

San Francisco at Carolina:  As much as I'm not a fan of the 49ers, I do not care for Cam Newton...didn't like him at Auburn and like him less as a Panther.  49ers end Carolina's season on Sunday.

San Diego at Denver:  Ron Burgundy loves the city of San Diego and I would never question Ron Burgundy.  San Diego pulls out a MAJOR upset on the Broncos.  (might have just thrown away a point on this one)

So, those are my picks for this week, you don't have to go into detail like I did but post who you think will win if you'd like to take part in this little competition.  Very Happy
AR Projekt
AR Projekt
AR Media Contact

https://advancedracingteam.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NFL Playoff Prediction Competition...Thing: Empty Re: NFL Playoff Prediction Competition...Thing:

Post by AR Royal Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:39 pm

I too am a huge football fan, wait until you see my Lexus LFA in game Smile

My list of winners:
Saints
Patriots
Panthers
Broncos

We only agree on one! hah

AR Royal

Back to top Go down

NFL Playoff Prediction Competition...Thing: Empty Re: NFL Playoff Prediction Competition...Thing:

Post by AR Projekt Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:45 pm

Haha, I look forward to seeing your LFA now...I am interest.

I'm going to wind up regretting that San Diego pic I can feel it. haha.
AR Projekt
AR Projekt
AR Media Contact

Back to top Go down

Post by AR SpaceShuttle Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:51 pm

I'm not much into pro football (college football is more my thing) but I'll play.

- Saints
- This is a hard one, but I'm going to pull for the Patriots
- I'm going to put a vote in for the 49ers because in all honesty, the Panthers haven't impressed me much.
- Broncos
AR SpaceShuttle
AR SpaceShuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by AR SpaceShuttle Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:39 pm

Seattle won.
AR SpaceShuttle
AR SpaceShuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by AR Royal Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:30 am

TheSpaceShuttle wrote:Seattle won.

Crazy ending though!

AR Royal

Back to top Go down

Post by AR Forbidden Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 am

New England had a pretty easy time of it.
AR Forbidden
AR Forbidden
AR Team Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by AR Projekt Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:55 am

So the winners this weekend were:
The Seattle Seahawks
The New England Patriots
The San Franciso 49ers
And The Denver Broncos.

So the running tally for the points total is:

Projekt: 3 out of 4
Royal: 2 out of 4
Shuttle: 3 out of 4

So, Shuttle and myself have the lead but Royal isn't far behind. Remember, the Conference championships are next weekend and those games are worth two points a piece! That's another 4 possible points that could shake up our little contest. Very Happy

I will post my picks later this week before the games so feel free to take your time making your picks as well.
AR Projekt
AR Projekt
AR Media Contact

Back to top Go down

Post by AR SpaceShuttle Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Hmm.. This one was a very hard one for me.

I'm gonna go with the Seahawks and Broncos.
AR SpaceShuttle
AR SpaceShuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by AR Projekt Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Ah, yes! >Smile

For this week I pick...

The Patriots because Tom Brady > Peyton Manning...all day, eerday!

And the Seattle Seahawks because Russell Wilson is the QB that Kaepernick wishes that he was. lol.

Remember, each game is worth two points this week!
AR Projekt
AR Projekt
AR Media Contact

Back to top Go down

Post by AR Royal Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:13 pm

Seahawks, Broncos Smile

AR Royal

Back to top Go down

Post by AR SpaceShuttle Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Whatever happened to this, Projekt?
AR SpaceShuttle
AR SpaceShuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by AR Projekt Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:20 am

AR SpaceShuttle wrote:Whatever happened to this, Projekt?

Sorry, haven't been on the site much the past couple weeks.  Sad  Been battling with school and work, and didn't feel like doing Forza stuff in my downtime.  Definitely felt like I was getting burned out by it all but I'm back so...

The Broncos are the Seahawks will be meeting in East Rutherford, NJ as they are the Conference Champions!   Smile 

Here is how the points are shaking out!  

Spaceshuttle - 7 out of 8
Royal- 6 out of 8
Projekt- 5 out of 8  

Now, the Super Bowl isn't until next weekend and will be worth 4 points to the person who picks the right team.  Very Happy  At this point, no real tiebreakers should be necessary given how the points are right now.  

My Super Bowl prediction:  It's going to be cold and windy if not snowing/wintry mixing during the game.  Peyton Manning is a great QB when playing in a dome or outside in fair weather (see this year's AFC Championship.)  haha.  But he historically has not played well in cold games so...THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS will be the Super Bowl Champs!   Twisted Evil 
AR Projekt
AR Projekt
AR Media Contact

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum